1. I like to know why you are interested in working for a foreign-based company?
2. Have you ever been one of our flights? How do you feel about our service?
3. Tell me something about your school life?
4. Did you attend any school activities?
5. What did you learn from school?
6. Can you describe your working experience?
7. What do you think our advertisement for this recruitment?
8. Why do you want to be a cabin crew?
9. What do you like to do in your leisure time?
10. What is your best quality?
11. Have you ever serve in the military ? Can you describe your military service experience?
12. How do you prepare for this interview?
13. What is your opinion about the future of H.K..?
14. How much do you know about our company?
15. Have you ever considered the difficulty that this job will cause you?
16. What is the most important personality trait to be a cabin crew?
17. Why do you choose Cathay pacific Airways?
18. Do you have any plan to immigrate to other countries?
19. What is your happiest memory?
20. Do you get angry easily? What's the last time you got angry?
21. Will your parents let you stay in H.K..? Have you ever been to H.K.? How much do you know about H.K..
Please listen carefully to the following conversation between a pilot and the chief purser of the Cathay Pacific Airlines in the airport lounge. Then answer the following questions:
1. My vacation is _____ July.
A. in B. on C. at D. upon
2. The first time you _____ America was last year, wasn’t you？
A. visiting B. visited C. have visit D. had visited
3. The room looks dirty. It _____ for a long time.
A. isn’t cleaned B. hasn’t cleaned C. hasn’t been cleaned D. hadn’t been cleaned
4. At that moment, she _____ English.
A. studied B. was studying C. had studied D. is studying
5. It’s better to wear a T-shirt _____.
A. to keep cool B. for keep warm C. keeps cool D. to keeping cool
6. Many years ago, I _____ in Taipei for two years.
A. had been lived B. lived C. had lived D. had been living
7. At the end of this month, we _____ here for ten years.
A. will have lived B. have been lived C. will have been living D. live
8. Thirteen hours _____ a long time for a flight.
A. are B. is C. were D. was
9. People now drive much _____ than they used to.
A. careful B. carefully C. more careful D. more carefully
10. A driver must concentrate _____ his job.
A. to B. on C. at D. for
11. He always insists _____ what he wants to do.
A. to B. at C. in D. on
12. You should _____ your cigarette in the non-smoking area.
A. take out B. put off C. put out D. get off
13. He has been living here for a long time, _____？
A. isn’t he B. doesn’t he C. wasn’t he D. hasn’t he
14. He let me _____ in the countryside.
A. drive B. to drive C. driving D. drives
15. Helen’s parents congratulated her _____ college courses.
A. to complete B. for complete C. in completing D. on completing
16. She wants to find a job _____.
A. by self B. on herself C. by her own D. on her own
17. If I were rich, I _____ work as a waitress.
A. would give up B. would gave up C. will give D. will gave
18. You will train for Economy Class _____ is the largest section in the flight.
A. which B. where C. that D. what
19. The shop _____ into two weeks ago, the police were already there.
A. has broken B. has breaking C. was broken D. was breaking
20. Air travel becomes more expensive now, so it is hardly that _____ can afford it.
A. anyone B. everyone C. no one D. nobody
21. He is the manager, _____？
A. hasn’t he B. wasn’t he C. will he D. isn’t he？
22. You’d like to meet him, _____？
A. wouldn’t you B. won’t you C. hasn’t he D. doesn’t he
23. If I hadn’t lent her so much money, she _____ the First Class ticket.
A. hadn’t buy B. hadn’t bought C. wouldn’t buy D. wouldn’t bought
24. She slides and breaks the glasses, but it is really not her _____.
A. fault B. problem C. mistake D. error
25. Do you think _____ should be respect？
A. old B. an old C. a old D. the old
26. I am looking forward to _____ you again.
A. see B. look C. seeing D. looking
27. Please _____ your seat belt.
A. tie B. fasten C. keep D. quicken
28. He enjoyed the holiday, _____ the rain.
A. in spite of B. despite C. Although D. because
29. I prefer vegetable _____ meat.
A. to B. in C. than D. as
30. You must get up early tomorrow, _____ you will be late again.
A. or B. if C. therefore D. then
31. Tom said that he wouldn’t mind _____.
A. to wait for us B. wait for us C. waiting for us D. waiting us
32. We will not go to there unless you _____ first.
A. will come B. coming C. to come D. come
33. James has just arrived, but I didn’t know he _____ until yesterday.
A. will come B. was coming C. had been coming D. comes
34. The whole area was flooded because it _____ for weeks.
A. rains B. has rained C. had been raining D. was raining
35. I went to the park with my brother _____ the morning last Sunday.
A. on B. at C. in D. of
36. Could you please tell me _____？
A. how to do B. what to do it C. how to do it D. do what
37. It _____ me more than 3 hours to finish my annual report.
A. spent B. had taken C. took D. cost
38. Doing this job, your life will _____ fun and challenge.
A. full of B. be filled with C. fill by D. be fulled by
39. Here _____ , my passport, certificate and immigration form.
A. it is B. we are C. you are D. are you
40. Because of the sick leave, I have to _____ the book from him.
A. borrow B. lend C. take D. bring
Answers：A B C B A C C B C B D C D A D D A B C B D A C A B C B C A A C B D C C C C B A A（C）
（2）At the hotel：
A. Had I help you B. Will I help you C. May I help you D. Do I help you
2. Customer：Yes, I have _____ for tonight.
A. booked one B. one book C. book for one D. to booking
3. Receptionist：Let me _____.
A. check you B. check for you C. checking for you D. to check
4. Receptionist：That’s right. Do you have any _____？
A. luggages B. other luggages C. luggage D. one luggage
5. Customer：No, just _____.
A. many luggages B. suitcase C. much suitcases D. a suitcases
6. Receptionist：Would you _____ that man？He will show you to your room.
A. pleasant follow B. be followed C. please follow D. have followed
7. Receptionist：Hope you enjoy _____ with us.
A. stay B. your stay C. to stay D. stayed
（3）At a restaurant：
8. Waiter：Do you want smoking or non-smoking area？Customer：_____. I do mind it.
A. Non-smoking B. That’s all right C. Smoking D. Either one would be okay
9. Waiter：Here is the menu. Would you like _____？
A. drinking B. drink something C. a drink D. something to drink
10. Customer：Yes, I would like _____.
A. a beer B. beers C. some beer D. some beers
11. Waiter：Right away. And after a while I _____ and take your order.
A. will come back B. come back C. have come back D. am coming
12. Waiter：May I take your order now？Customer：Yes, I would like ____.
A. one chicken B. a chicken C. some chickens D. much chicken
13. Waiter：I am sorry. There _____.
A. is no more chicken B. in not any chicken C. is not more chicken D. much chicken
14. Waiter：May I suggest you _____ our salmon dish？
A. to try B. trying C. to trying D. try
15. Waiter：It is _____ today.
A. very excellent B. excellent C. excellently D. very excellently
16. Customer：OK, I’ll give it a try. And may I have some wine with _____ of the hotel.
A. a complimentary B. complimentaries C. the compliment D. accompanied
17. Waiter：_____ your meal？
A. How about B. Did you enjoyed C. Had you enjoyed D. How was
18. Customer：I want to _____. It is too cold.
A. complaint B. make a complain C. make a complaint D. complaining
19. Waiter：Oh！I will take another for you. Do you mind _____？
A. to wait B. waiting C. waited D. wait
20. Customer：Sorry for the _____.
A. unconvenience B. not convenience C. inconvenient D. inconvenience
Answers：C A B C B C B A D A A B A B B C D B C D
Hong Kong, on the border of China, is an international fast-paced subtropical city. It is the __1__ of Cathay Pacific and __2__ future affects the company a lot. Every year Cathay Pacific __3__ thousands of tourists __4__ Hong Kong. __5__ Passengers, both tourists __6__ business travelers __7__ most of their money in shops, restaurants, and __8__.
__9__ is only natural __10__ the company considers to establish its base in this __11__. Because Hong Kong is __12__ one of the __13__ place in the world.
1. A. site B. spirit C. homebase D. house（C）
2. A. its B. that C. it’s D. that’s（A）
3. A. finds B. carries C. looks for D. takes（B）
4. A. to B. from C. away D. in（A）
5. A. these B. that C. there D. then（A）
6. A. to B. and C. spend D. use（B）
7. A. cost B. take C. spend D. use（C）
8. A. sightseeing B. entertainment C. products D. hotels（D）
9. A. It B. That C. Those D. There（A）
10. A. which B. what C. that D. where（C）
11. Hong Kong B. territory C. here D. Asia（B）
12. A. probably B. usually C. final D. always（A）
13. A. most B. last C. best D. largest（C）
Hong Kong is also a world city thriving on trade and __1__. Concerning its __2__. Cathay Pacific has many flights which __3__ to __4__ 40 cities in Asia, Australia, Europe and United States. __5__ is the reason __6__ a company __7__ in __8__.
1. A. traffic B. economics C. traveling D. marketing（B）
2. A. interesting B. interest C. interested D. place（B）
3. A. extend B. increase C. take D. has（A）
4. A. more B. much than C. more than D. many（C）
5. A. That B. This C. It D. Which（B）
6. A. that B. which C. to D. for（A）
7. A. is built B. establishes C. is established D. starts（C）
8. A. Asia B. the world C. here D. the territory（D）
You’ll be successful if ..... you possess certain qualities we always look for in new recruits. A pleasant and happy personality and the ability to be friendly towards passengers at all times no matter how difficult the situation. The ability to get on well with colleagues, to enjoy meeting and mixing with people, a willingness to work hard when the occasion demands and a sense of loyalty both to colleagues and Cathay Pacific. You should be：
※19-27 years of age
※At least 5’2”/157.5cm tall
※Fluent in English and one Asian language
※A secondary school graduate or above
※In good health and with good eyesight
※Pleasant in appearance and personality
Junior Cabin Crew（after two years）
Flight Purser（after three years）